Here you will find information on how we ensure safe deliveries during the outbreak of the coronavirus.
For us, it is important to safeguard the health and safety of our customers, riders and partner restaurants, and we have introduced a number of measures to minimize the risk of infection.
Because of the corona virus outbreak, all deliveries will be contactless going forward. This means that the bag with food will be left on your doorstep. Be sure to clearly mark your door with your name, and use the “instruction to rider” field at the end of the ordering process to provide further information. If you don’t want a contactless delivery, you can give the rider instructions about this in the same field.
Our riders must at all times follow the guidelines of the Norwegian authorities and the Norwegian Institute of Public Health (FHI), which means that they, amongst other things, are instructed to:
- Not go to work when showing signs of illness
- Avoid close contact with anyone who shows signs of illness
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizer regularly during each shift, and regularly clean their equipment
- Follow the quarantine rules issued by the Norwegian authorities.
Our riders are always instructed not to see or place their hands within the delivery bag. During the corona eruption we have extended this to also include that riders, as far as possible, should avoid touching the handle of the bag.
Good hygiene is crucial in the restaurant industry, and now routines are reinforced at every stage. The restaurants at foodora always follow the Food Safety Authority's hygiene advice, as well as guidelines from FHI. If a restaurant employee gets infected, separate actions for this restaurant will be implemented immediately. In addition, we have extended delivery instructions, where our restaurant partners are instructed to:
- Seal the delivery bag
- Put the delivery bag on the counter to ensure contactless pick-up from the rider
- Avoid touching the handle of the delivery bag
- Keep themselves updated on the latest advice from FHI
There are many new routines which have been implemented, some which will take some time to get used to. Together we do what we can to ensure a continued good delivery experience with foodora. Thank you to everyone for taking responsibility.